Thursday 13 September 2012

White Acres


Swindon go on Tour 2012
 
16lb common, hopefully catch some of these in the matches
 



Our annual trip to White Acres is always something to really look forward to, if I perfectly honest the fishing isn’t great as it is low weights because of the pressure on the venue but with 25 of us that go we always have a great laugh and if last year is anything to go by, then we are in for a good time.  We plan to fish matches every day, eat well everyday (thanks to Neil Gordon Ramsey Richards) and in the bar every night.
 
So after travelling 200 miles which took a whopping 3 hours 50 minutes I was keen to get fishing, so  me Mark Kimber and Phil Tipton were keen to get fishing.  We were on hunt for some big ghosties and unfortunately none of us managed to catch any...... but today is Saturday and I leave on Friday therefore have plenty of time to try and catch one.  However, I did manage of couple decent carp and this 16lb carp (didn’t weigh it) was the highlight of the session.

Gwinear 09/09/12

·         Peg 9

·         49lb 4oz

·         1st (41 fished)

·         7 carp, skimmers and f1’s

 


Weights were tight.

2nd was 43lb 12

3rd was 43lb 4oz Mick Lane

There was 9 pay outs and the 8 of our Swindon On Tour guys picked up.

My Match

I was pleased to draw Pharse 1, which is a good lake with plenty of silvers in the lake, good head of F1’s (8oz-12oz) and skimmers (6oz-1lb) and plenty of carp (average 2lb-3lb).  So gished 0.8, 0.6, 0.5 gram floats in 5ft 6inch of water to 0.16mm – 0.125mm stream.

6 meters a slope, and then flat and the peg did come up 6 inch to my right and Mark Kimber next to me, his peg was a foot shallow.

Pellets was better for carp, 6mm pellet and positive feeding and then change lies. Dump move, however difficult today because no room and windy couldn’t fish long.

see link for further information on the venue.

http://www.gwinearfarm.co.uk/

Monday 10/09/12

Gold Match (Twin Oaks, Acron and Canal)

·         Peg 8 Twin Oaks

·         47lb 12oz (lost section by a 1lb)
 
 
 
 
“Little Baz” doing some modelling again on peg 10 at Twin Oaks.


I was pleased to draw Twin Oaks, and Peg 8 was an O.K area, would have liked to be further down as for whatever reason this seems to be a lot more consistent.  With White Acres there is a eight pint limit on bait, so decided to take 2 pints of caste, 2 pints of meat and 4 pints of pellet (4mm and 2mm) along with a kilo of worms and 1kg of worms.  Unfortunately I realised that made a few mistakes, I shouldn’t of put my keepnet in to start with, as the guy next to me had a lump within a couple of minutes of the match starting on meat and the method was only good for the first twenty minutes of the match and bomb pellet and red meat over the top was a lot better, so I needed some 8mm pellet and to fish bomb, but already had my bait allowance and therefore I was stuck.

I could catch skimmers on the pole, but too small and not coming quick enough, I had an early 8lb carp on the method, but anglers to my left were catching well, and I was playing catch up, and these carp had stopped feeding after the first hour, and only odd ones caught.  So decided to try and push the silver line which was reasonably productive, but not great.  The last two hours I decided to fish paste, so made my groundbait into a slop (not ideal) and fished positively, this was rewarding as the first two puts result in two large carp.  Therefore, I decided to feed another line, as I felt these big fish may not return to this line, as they would associate it with danger and not return to this line.  However, not sure if this was the right decision as I only managed to hook two more and lost one of those!  That lost fish cost me the section win, as I had 47lb 12oz and the winner next to me had 49lb.  Lack of knowledge cost me section money and maybe a frame place.  Never fished this lake before, so lesson learnt and hopefully I will remember a few of these little tricks that will give me a few extra important fish.  So match win yesterday and blow out today.

I a bit gutted to lose my section by a 1lb, but pleased to win our random pairs with Fred Parker (aka Granddad).

Well done to Smithy for winning the match with 124lb!

Gwinear 11/09/12

·         Peg 49

·         48lb 4oz

·         3rd on the lake

·         7th Overall out of 28

Very keen to do well, especially after loosing my section by a pound, however my foot as been killing me for last four days and I’m praying that it will clear up soon, especially for Thames Champs this weekend.  Anyway, I have drawn peg 49 and my random pair is Steve Rich today drew peg 1.  So we had a quite good draw and stood a good chance of winning the pairs.

I drew next to my winning partner from yesterday who was Fred Parker and had Dixey snr the other side.  The match was hard and only weighed a disappointing 48lb 4oz, which again was a 1lb short off prize money!!  Well done to Skully for winning the lake and “Big Baz” for coming 2nd on the lake.
Well done to Mick O B winning with 70lb.

phil powell
 
 
 
11/09/12

Trewaters

  • 82lb 4oz
  • Peg 29
  • 1st Place
  • 18 fished
 
 
 
 
I was lucky enough to draw the top lake, as this fished a lot better in yesterdays open.  We had booked both lakes for our private match and therefore all fishing against our mates, so plenty of friendly banter along ourselves especially as my random partner was Mick Lane, which also had drawn the top lake, so we looked good for the pairs.  Normally there is a pole limit on the festivals here, but today, no pole limit, but was very windy and fishing 19 meters to the island would be challenge to say the list.
 
Strong winds and fished yesterday it was a  tough match.
 
Thurday's ROVER
150th to draw out of 160.
 
  • Peg 1 Polly
  • 35lb Perch and Barbel
  • No idea where I came...............

The “rover” match always has a buzz about this match, as you are able to choose where you go.  So peg 1 gets to choose where he/she wants to go out of the whole complex.  There is 160 people fishing today and I was unlucky enough to get 150th and Jamie Dicks had 160, so it could of been worse.  The problem, is with such an high draw you haven’t got a lot of choice and now you look at pegs that have got loads of room.  So I decided to go “polly” 1, which isn’t the best of pegs, but I had so room and therefore I could have so chance.  Hopefully catch some early and late carp and then fill the gaps with perch and barbel. However, unfortunately this didn’t happen like last year and therefore I had a disappointing day of 35lb of all silvers, despite all my efforts to try and catch some carp.  The weights were low and 60lb was mega, and therefore a couple of carp would of put me right up there, but didn’t happen.

 
 
 
Well done to Skully and Mark Kimber coming joint 9th with 56lb
 

The random pairs

Monday

Fred Parker and myself

Tuesday

Phil Powell (aka Dawg) and Skully

Wednesday

Mick Lane and myelf

Thursday

Mark Kimber and little baz (mens fitness)
 
Mark Kimber
 
Alan


Big Baz


Mick Lane (my winning partner)

Little Baz
 
 

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment