Monday 3 May 2021

Rolfs Silver League

 Round 1

Unfortunately I had a clash of matches and therefore had to miss the first round of the silver league.  Derek Newson kindly stood in for me.  He drew peg 9 and sadly caught loads of big Carp.  Derek had 4lb 14oz and he come last in his section, same as me on the Gloucester Canal, a "last".



Round 2

I haven't been to Rolfs Lake for about 3 years, so was really looking forward to it.

John Bennett drew me peg 32, which is a brilliant silvers peg.  So plan of attack was to start short on maggots for roach and leave the 11 metre line alone to settle for skimmers, I put in 5 big balls of Hinders C Food Expander mix on the long line. 



The lake fish incredibly hard for silvers, the lake was alive with Carp.  I weighed 5lb to come second in my section.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright 
©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment