Monday 6 May 2019

Todber Festival

Day One
Peg 78 Homeground
133lb
6 points



Never fished Homeground before, draw next to Des Shipp, got destroyed, he had 188lb to my 133lb and I got sore ears!!

Mistakes.

Should of fished the method feeder in middle of the two islands earlier.  Not knowing the venue....
Pellets line at 5 meters was good, but got snapped up twice on my first two fish.  Unreal.  0.16 was alright for the rest of the match...


Day 2
Peg 8
63lb 8oz
7 points

Never seen Whitepost before.
Mistakes

Should of fished maggots.  Theres very few silvers in the lake, so getting "bitted" out shouldn't be problem.

The method was poor and lost them to the pipe, which was like knife.  Guru going to love me buying more feeders.

Day 3
Peg 48
151lb
2 points

I drew second best peg in Europe today on Hillview.

Mistakes

First 4.5 hours has been awful.
Method failed.  Hooked someones line at the beginning, snapped off.  Then had a carp.  Then lost one on the method.... the lake was quite slow for most.  Some people did fish a maggot feeder the day before and caught.

Had a new elastic snap on a 4lb fish... ouch.  Cost me quite a few quid.

Lost a few foul hookers at 14 meters.  Almost lost the plot.  I put a big rig on, 0.7 gram in 4 foot water, with a 4 inch hooklength and the bulk by the hooklength.  This was loads better!!
The edge came good.... but only in the last hour and 30 minutes.  I had a few go around the point, which somehow I pulled it back around, 14.5 meters of pole in the air with 8lb carp wasnt ideal....  I must of caught 80lb to 100lb in this time but I had already thrown the match away.... lost the section by 3lb.

May?  So cold Sunday and Monday morning.

Theres quite a few "munters" in the lakes.  Biggest fish of the week was 20lb 9oz. 


I ended up with a VERY disappointed 15 points and 21st overall out of 72 anglers.  Great fishing, caught 340lb in 3 days and I'm moaning.  Awesome venue.  ALL results in the pictures below.




Results

1st: Joe McMahon - 4 pts
2nd: Des Shipp - 5 pts
3rd: Ben Hagg - 5 pts
4th: Martin Rayet - 6 pts
5th: Ryan Shipp- 7 pts
6th: Eddie Green- 9 pts

Thanks to the two Gary's.... the caravan and bacon sandwiches were awesome.



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment