Monday 13 May 2019

Manor Farm Leisure - May Festival



F1 groundbait was used for my worm mix on the last day.  Love this stuff.


Day 1
Peg 27 Middle Pool
62lb 8oz
4th in 10 peg section
50 fished

On arrival to my peg, I was shocked how many carp more milling around down the edge.  I really fancied it for a huge weight and thought I would break my own venue record.  Anyway, how wrong could I be..... I caught nothing down the edge.  Best line was worms in tiny bit of top soil.  Normally, in my experience fishing worms and caster loose is better on Middle Pool.  But perch were a problem.  So soil over come the issue of tiny perch.  I had a few fish on pellets.  But our end of the lake fished hard?



Won £1 off Gary Watts.

Day 2

Peg 18 Ash
58lb
Won lake / section

Very hot and still conditions, I found myself chopping and changing.  I caught best with worms and very wet soil and caught 12 inches deep.  Worm soil would of been loads better, but used top soil.  Sunk a bit too quick.  Lesson learnt and lucky it didn't cost me.

The lake was surprisingly quite clear and I opted to fish worms in soil, as I knew this would catch everything.  Casters was "the norm" but looking around the Lakes, then maybe it was too bright and the air pressure and pressure from anglers.


Day 3

Peg 24 Windmill
145lb
Won section
1st place overall
50 fished

Draw my favourite peg on the complex.  It's not everyone's "cup of tea" Peg 24 Windmill, but in my opinion and experience it's an awesome peg (this winter it was awful, as the water level has been so low).

You need to fish tight against the bank and be prepared to PULL.  So put my Garbolino UK1 through its paces, especially catching 145lb to win the match and a stunning 16lb 10oz Mirror which was my last fish of the day and had 52lb of silvers.  Most importantly I won the section.  So two section wins and a fourth.




Day 4

Peg 16 Island Pool
66lb
3rd in section/Lake
50 fished

Fourth day of the Manor Farm Leisure Festival and I drew peg 16 Island.

Method feeder and bomb and pellet was at the top of my list.  But would have a worm line in a lot of top soil at 14 meters to hopefully catch F1's and skimmers.  Worm line kept fading and the lead and method only gave me 3 F1's and a tiny carp..... oh and 3 skimmers.

I felt I messed up.


Day 5
39 Boundary Pool
60lb (41lb of all skimmers)
Third in section/lake
50 fished.

Got the peg I wanted on the lake, peg 39 Boundary, an end peg too.  I did really fancied it for a few, played it safe and fished worms in groundbait for skimmers and have a couple of pellet lines.  Too be honest ut just didn't really happen, skimmer was good, but no F1's and no fish down the edge, unreal.  Pegs 19 and 33 who struggled the day before, caught today.


I had 12 points total to win the festival.
Dave Howard 2nd with 13 points
Lee Richards, Steve Rich and Mick Bull were third with 14 points.



Summary

Obviously really pleased to win Manor Farm Leisure May festival.  The venue has been very kind to me.  It has fished very tough by Manor's standards, due to weather and fish thinking about spawning.  I have fished worms every day to catch everything that swims.  I've caught over 170lb of skimmers in 5 days and 16lb 10oz Mirror Carp on Windmill Pool (no 20lb's or 300lb plus weights for me this year)

Thanks to Dave, Wendy, Howard, Monty and the team for a great 5 days fishing.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment