Sunday 22 February 2015

Manor Farm Leisure

Peg 7 Middle
71lb
Won match
20 fished.

I little disappointed with the drew, didn't moan, but thought I would be up against it!

1. wind was howling in my face
2. cold rain was always going to lower the temperature even lower (water was 3.8 in the morning)
3. Peg 7 has a had no form for while, the fish were, have been, the other side of the rope
4. Could see loads of fish blowing in the flat water before match starting to the right.
5. A few fish blowing 25 meters out.

plus side

1. End peg, but there was 4 out of the 5 pegs!
2. I've got yellow meat and prepared to wait!!

I caught 1 f1 second chuck on popped up bread (50cm of 0.188 Colmic Spider Line).  A couple of liners (makes a change) and put yellow meat on and still liners.   So went on the pole, I fished my Colmic F44 pole into the wild weather, and was lucky enough to catch a steady run of fish.  4 Carp (couple of units) and 4 F1's.  Fished a prototype Pellet Pencil float, 0.4 gram to 0.135mm Spider Line and 0.103 Stream to a 18 Drennan Carp match. 

The wind got up and had a nightmare to present the rig, maybe I shouldn't of fished 15 meters!  But wind was super strong and therefore fished a 3 foot of line between pole float and pole tip.  Fished a light 1.5mm Colmic Hollow elastic.  Needed to be super soft with the wind blowing one way and the fish swimming the other!!  I fouled hooked a couple of fish due to poor presentation, and wasn't lucky enough to get them out, lost a 12lber in the tail!

Despite not been able to feel my hands, it was a good day. 

Thanks to Dave Bird (owner).  He spread us over 4 lakes.  So we ALL had plenty of room.

Hope the write up was alright Neil Mckinnon?
 


Open Match Results – Sunday 22nd February – Ash, Middle, Boundary and Windmill Pools

1ST CHRIS TELLING 71-0-0
Colmic Airon Peg 7 Middle
2ND CHRIS CAMERON 60-8-0
Middy/Old Ghost Peg 15 Ash
3RD ANDY STONE 49-4-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 18 Ash
JOINT 4TH TERRY HICKS 41-0-0
Cotswold Angling Peg 5 Ash
JOINT 4TH NEIL MCKINNON 41-0-0
Preston Innovations Peg 13 Windmill
6TH DUNCAN FIELD 33-0-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 37 Boundary
 
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment