Saturday 26 July 2014

Ivy House Lakes



Peg 16
126lb 12oz
That included 17lb Silvers
Won silvers
Won overall
16 Anglers Fished

With flat calm conditions and red hot, it was always going to be a difficult fishing match.

I spoke to Mark Malin about last weeks match at Ivy House Lakes. Mark won the last weeks open with an impressive 213lb!!!  He caught carp up to 18lb down the edge on maggots. Mark have me some pointers on improving my edge fishing. So i was looking forward to the match, especially drawing in a good area.

I'm very keen to brake Steve Waters match record of 248lb, which I believe will go soon, hopefully by myself or one of the Colmic Airon boys (Mark, Kurtis or Frank).   

My last few matches I have struggled to keep fish going down the edge on maggots, the conditions have been very hot and no wind or ripple! This has meant that the fish have been spooking badly in the shallow water.   So looking forward to when we could catch down the edge for a longer period of time, as a big weight could be on the scales.   I have done a 170lb, my highest weight of the year, but is still 80lb off Steve Waters record, but I only caught for 3 hours down the edge and caught 70lb of stocky carp.

18lb 5oz Mirror Carp was my biggest carp of the day. There are bigger carp in the lake.

  There is some big Grass Carp in all four lakes at Ivy House Lakes.



The weights were reasonably consistent across the whole of the fishing match.


If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment