Thursday 27 March 2014

Colmic F1 Spider

F1 Spider line is Colmic's premier line developed by Jacopo Falsini and the Colmic team. It is best used as a main line in match fishing for pole rigs. Designed for competition fishing, it is marketed by Colmic in order to satisfy the most demanding of anglers. As in all top-level sports, all innovations are developed prior to being launched as top of range and we have spent some time in developing this product. This monofilament combines the NXGEN polymer with top quality. The result being the most specific nylon for match fishing and commercial fisheries.
• High Knot resistance
• water repellent
• anti twist
• u.v. protection triple treatment
• extra strong

• ABRASION RESISTANCE (therefore tieing hooklengths without damaging the line and handles the moment of shot without damaging the line on pole rigs)


My review of the line

Colmic F1 Spider line is retailing at £6.00 - £7.00 for 100 meters, I would honestly say this in incredible value for a Fluro Tec line, and I have used this line for a few months, so not looking at it in a office, and not writing a review without even using it on the bank.  
I've used it on a wide range of venues, but it stood out when I used the line on Windmill Pool, on Peg 24 at Manor Farm Leisure, which if you don't know the venue it is a snag pit. It has brambles and tree's whereby the fish did and all drag your pole rigs through these snags. I fished 0.188, which never got broke and caught 100lb of hard fighting carp from 5lb to 14lb, which included large ghost carp.  The line has a great recovery rate, no memory, a degree of strecth, easy to tie hook lengths. 
The line has a clear but has a blue tinge when wet.  The only down fall is the spools are large, so take a little bit of room up in your box, but if you do your prepartation at home, then your unlikely to take them?!?! Class line.









f you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

2 comments:

  1. Do you know how accurate the stated diameters are?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't checked the diameters myself. But if I'm honset (which I am) then I would say they are slightly out. The 0.188 is likely to be a true 0.20. However, I do feel this type of line has put more fish on the scales for me this year. I used it at Ivy House and caught really well on it!!!
    Sorry for late reply.

    ReplyDelete