Sunday 19 January 2014

Manor Farm Leisure - Island and Boundary Pools

  • Peg 31 Boundary
  • 64lb 6oz
  • Lake Win
  • 2nd overall
  • 17 anglers fished the match
A beautiful day

I felt that Peg 31 on Boundary Pool would be the wrong end of the lake, as last week it was tough. On arrival to my peg, it was flat calm and tiny fish were topping (little roach). To my left had odd fish rolling and crashing around pegs 38.

My main focus was to fish pole long, feeding 4mm and 2mm coarse pellets and fish either 4mm exanders or hard pellet as hook baits.

I started on the pellet feeder and yellow meat. Which resulted nothing, no liners. So I went on the pole after 20 mins and caught 2 small skimmers and a roach, which was about a pound in total weight.
I had my first F1 after 1 hour 20 mins. Then struggled for another 40 mins, before having a steady 3 hours. I caught around 25 F1's, a few skimmers, a roach and a tench.




Colmic Edy floats, I add some nail varnish to just to add a little strength, the float bodies are hard without it.  A bottle of nail varnish should do 1000's of floats.

Open Match Results – Sunday 19th January – Island and Boundary Pools

1ST PHIL HARDWICK 66-14-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 16 Island
2ND CHRIS TELLING 64-6-0
Colmic Airon Peg 31 Boundary
3RD TONY SHEPHERD 55-8-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 42 Boundary
4TH MARK HEMMING 49-6-0
Lodge Park Peg 14 Island
5TH STEVE PARTINGTON 38-2-0
Arthur’s Angling Supplies Peg 27 Island

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment