Sunday 24 October 2021

Ivy House Lakes - Pairs match

Was back to Ivy House Lakes today for a pairs match, which Mark Poppleton asked me to be his partner for the day, the match was run by Jon Darby. 

There was three sections spread across the lakes (Old Match Lake and Willow) and three sections spread across the canals (Moorhen and Kindfisher).  I drew Mark peg 10 on the OML and myself peg 31, which is on Moorhen.  Moorhen is lake that I haven't fished for while, but I knew I was up against as I was in the middle of the lake, the narrowest part of the lake and had two end pegs to compete against (not making excuses).

My attack was all about pellets and looking to catch stockies and a few skimmers, if I'm really lucky maybe catch some decent carp.

Mark did really well, won his lake and second overall (he won yesterday's open match too) with 150lb!!  I came second in my section with 91lb, had a fantastic day, loads of bites caught over 100 fish.  We had three points and came second overall with 18 pairs.

Top pairs on the day 

Henry smith and Dwaine Seed 2 points 

Mark Poppleton and Chris Telling (me) 3 points 

Lee Janczyszyn  Craig gilroy 4 points 

Clayton Hudson Bob gullick 4 points



If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright 
©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment