Sunday 22 August 2021

Feeder National - Gloucester Canal

Feeder National today.

Gloucester Canal 

432 (Castle)

Another Angling Trust match, haven't fished one for over 18 months and have a double header.  This time on the mighty Gloucester Canal.  The draw was done on Saturday night.

Kevin Rowles peg 65.  Which is just out the bay, but an end peg.  Hempstead

Nigel Franks peg 205.  Which not quite high enough, but the Bream shoal could move off 209 and 210?  Rea

Strecth peg 249.  A little unknown. Towards the bay would be better and the bend.  Sellars Bridge.

Kevin Morris Peg 377, which isn't great.  Up against it.  Castle

Me, peg 432.  Who knows?  Sunken barge area would be better, a bit wider and potentially more of a noted area.  Castle

Adi Mctiffen peg 460. Poor draw.  Got two neither ends which will really struggle to compete.

The match

Heathly walk to our pegs, definitely got the heart going... and without all my pole gear it was a lot lighter than normal.  I'm no expert on the Gloucester Canal, but I felt this was going to be a tough match in our section, and if I could finish top 5 in my section I would be very happy, especially as I haven't fished rods for while.  And I had some great anglers in my section... Lee Kerry, Neil Richards, Phil Ringer, Troy Weaver, Wayne Doulton and many more anglers.

I was really pleased with third in my 20 peg section, 1kg 890 grams, which is 4lb 2oz ish.  20 perch, 3 Rudd and a 6oz skimmer. 






Please click onto the picture below and this will give you my vlog.



(Some applications doesn't show YouTube picture).  See link

https://youtu.be/fd76osO4spE

As a team we were a little disappointed coming 10th as a team.


There's our team results.




Full results click.


Or see link  below.

https://match-angling.com/viewresults_public.aspx?rid=8367

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright 
©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment