Saturday 7 December 2019

Alvechurch Fisheries - Canal

Peg 16
123lb
Won the match
9 fished


I haven't fished Alvechurch Canal for ages, last time was the pairs match.  So was keen on fishing it.

Started on bread, and caught 4 and lost 2.  Fish swimming through the peg and unfortunately into the line causing foul hookers.  Which almost EVERYONE  suffered from, so wasn't my poor ability for once!! 🤣

After 35 minutes I introduce bait on various lines, and caught nothing.  So feed in 2 foot, which you would easily see the bottom of you were a "sky liner" behind me.  And unbelievably I caught in this depth of water.  Even Phil (fishery manager) said "can't believe your catching in that depth of water".  But happy days.

Caught almost all my fish in a honest 2 foot of water on PLAIN maggots tight across.  (I do find it fascinating how many people plug favouring their maggots these days!! Gosh I'm I becoming a grumpy git?).

I had 33 carp for 123lb and a little win.



Gear used
4 x 10 Malman Cane float. (I still love Jon Walker floats)
0.145 to 0.12 B911 size 18 hook
1.4mm Slip Elastic 

Winter league on Saturday, hope I haven't used up all my luck.

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment