Sunday 17 November 2019

Ivy House Lakes - Winter League. Round 1

Peg 10 Heron Lake
50lb
2nd in section
2nd on lake
3rd overall
36 fished

This is my first winter league ever at Ivy House Lakes , which sees 36 anglers, which by todays standards is a great turn out. As even the  Upper Thames AT winter league only has 48 on it, 6 proper teams of 8.  And the Tunnel Barn Winter League has 4 teams of 8.  So unfortunately the days of fishing 100 pegs leagues are long gone in my area.  Shame, used to love them winter leagues that were 120 peggers!!  When I was a boy they were 144 pegs.

Last weekend, I drew peg 6 on Heron and I really struggled and packed up early.  Which is so UNLIKE me.  Then had a friendly ripping from Derek Newson!!

Todays match

Drew peg 10, which is on Heron.  This is a fantastic peg, so it was worth some bites.  I started at 14.5 metres on maggots and mirco pellets.  Then went to pellets at 16 metres.

I had two decent cap for 7lb between them and then mainly F1's.  I reckon I had 50 fish, great stamp of fish, bars of gold them F1's.

Very light pellet.   4mm was best.









Gear used
  • Garbolino UK1

0.2 and 0.3 pellet floats.
0.145 to 0.10 B911 size 18 hook
1.2 Matrix Slip Elastic 

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright ©  For any use of content (words and images) please contact me?

No comments:

Post a Comment