Sunday 13 August 2017

Maver Match This

Peg 79
147lb
3rd overall
109 fished?



This is my second visit to the Glede, last time I fished the Glede was years ago on a MFS match.  So my knowledge of the venue is very limited.  Some it was going to be a pellet match for me and maggots down the edge..... simple.

The event for the Maver Match This was a sell out, as always, so ensured I got my ticket early.  Drew peg 79, lake 5 and Andy Kinder said it was a good draw.  So happy days and on arrival peg 78 was empty, so was chuffed to have an empty peg, so was happy with that.

Started on cage feeder and caught two early carp and then dropped on the pole line short and had a steady run of small carp and then this faded and spent too long waiting for bites and pulled out of three carp in a row?!  Went on long pole and caught steady on lasso 6mm pellets.  Edge was poor, was too bright, only managed 4 carp down the edge and pulled out of one.  Wish I stayed on the past line at 5 meters.  Funny bites on paste.

Disappointed not to do better, but third overall was still quite good. I wish I could have another go at it again.  Peg was worth 200lb.

Gear used

Colmic Airon F66 pole

Pellet Rig
0.2 gram float Jon Walker
0.20 Colmic Spider
0.165 Colmic Stream

Paste Rig
0.3 gram float.  Jon Walker
0.209 Colmic Spider straight through








No comments:

Post a Comment