Sunday 2 February 2014

Manor Farm leisure

Won section
Won lake
50lb 8oz
4th overall
24 anglers fished the match
The British weather been it's normal safe, high winds and loads of rain the last few days.... will it ever let up?  I draw peg 11 which was a decent draw normally, as the fish can sit in the centre of the lake. However, the wind was really strong and a little chilly, so was concerned the fish may sit in the flat water where it would be a lot warmer for them. 
For me, I feel the pole is one of the most consistent ways of catching on Boundary Pool this time of year. I always start on the lead to see if I can mug one of those lucky big ghost carp.  However, that didn't happen today. I had nice day on the pole and pellet, and caught skimmers, F1's and 3 carp (1 was a 8lb ghost carp).  
I fished long line (3 foot), 0.8 gram float. This did miss a few bites, but at least I would get the presentation, as you won't get bites if you float keeps getting jerked around.   I had a 0.4 gram float with a "normal" set up, which was better when the wind dropped.
Looking met office, looks like we are going to have another stormy week, with high winds and lots of rain. Not good!!

1ST JASON COOKE 98-12-0
W B Clarke/Sensas Peg 27 Island
2ND NEIL MCKINNON 60-4-0
Preston Innovations Peg 12 Island
3RD DAN VARNEY 58-0-0
Drennan Peg 32 Island
4TH CHRIS TELLING 50-8-0
Colmic Airon Peg 11 Boundary
5TH RICH HOSKINS 42-0-0
Daiwa Gordon League Peg 34 Island
6TH TONY SHEPHERD 41-10-0
Banbury Gunsmiths Peg 42 Boundary

If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment