Sunday 20 October 2013

Oakfield Fishery - Oxford Angling Trust Winter League - Round 2

  • Peg 10 Red Kite
  • 60lb 4oz
  • Section Win
  • 3rd Overall
  • Team won on the day

I was pleased with my draw and more importantly team draw looked good and Mick Denton was happy.  I had the wind in my face, which I found yesterday was very important, as the fish wanted to be in the wind. There was plenty of fish topping, maybe not as many as yesterday, but looked promising.

Gary Thorpe draw the same peg as yesterday, so he was pleased. But the ball of F1 carp seemed to be between pegs 8-7, whereas yesterday they were on pegs 1 and 2.   However, as soon as the match started they stopped topping....

My match started well, a couple of fish on the method feeder, a couple of F1 carp and a beautiful Common carp, but then for some reason a couple of hook pulls from decent carp..... Went onto the pole at 14 meters and caught straight away, this was good as most people were struggling, apart from Gary Thorpe who was bagging, didn't matter to me, as he was in A section.  There was lack of F1's on the pole line. But I was catching decent carp between 2lb to 4lb. However, the second hour, was a nightmare, as I lost a few foul hookers and got broke up!!!!  I cut down the feed, but the main reason was struggling, was the wind turned, and become a cross wind and the lake began to tow. I came shorter at 6 meters to get better presentation which resulted me a playing a large carp, which eventually got free. Found myself getting frustrated, but remained reasonably calm, and put odd runs of fish.  But to be honest I should of had 120lb and not disappointed with my 60lb.

Gear used:

Colmic Airon F55 pole
Vespe yellow bi core 2.1mm elastic
0.3 Jon Walker Pellet float
0.145 Colmic x5000 line to 0.09 Colmic stream.
18 Drennan Match Carp hook.
6mm banded coarse fishery pellet



 
Drennan's new model, Robin
Carp and Gary Thorpe seem to go "hand in hand"
Another match win.





Oakfield Fishery's Details
Contact: Adrian
Telephone: 01296 770899
Address: Kingswood Lane, Kingswood, Ayelsbury, Buckinghamshire. HP18 0SN
Sat Nav Postcode: HP18 0SN
 
 
See link
 
 
If you like the articles written here please respect my copyright © For any use of content (words and images) please contact me

No comments:

Post a Comment